Translate

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Frustration

This is the most debilitating aspect of human beings. We can be frustrated about anything and it can cause us to make the biggest mistakes as well as show the worst side of ourselves.
   In many ways it is our "Achilles heel". All beings of our planet suffer from frustration, but unlike most of the animals of this planet, Human frustration can lead to the destruction of something or someone. It shows in so many ways that we are not as intelligent and special as we want to think ourselves to be. That we are no better then the animals on this planet many of which we use for sport or food.  Even in our history Frustration has been the primary or main reason we make out biggest blunders or greatest regrets. This is due to becoming frustrated about another persons opinion or stance and instead of trying to see it from their point of view, we instantly become hostile and try to force to situation to our favor.  Even in our daily lives you see accidents, arguments, bad decisions, and disagreements all based on frustration from a singular incident. 
  Just tonight I had a terrible fight with my GF.  All of it was based off of our frustrations with each other. Normally these things are small and insignificant that most people wouldn't worry about. But for some reason, tonight they came to the fore-front of our conversation and we were in terrible moods to deal with those frustrations and we then our feelings were hurt and we said things that we really didn't need to.
   Thankfully we were able to come back and apologize for it, but really the frustration with each other still exists. And the worst part is that they will come up again. Maybe not tomorrow or the next day but sometime in the future it is going to come up again. Everyone has it and no matter what you try and do you keep having this problem, this frustration that when it finally hits it's peak, you say things that normally you wouldn't say or react in a way that you really don't like.  The regret and hurt you feel afterwards just cuts you right to your core.  I personally don't like who I am when I get frustrated about things and I work so hard to be patient and try to keep my frustration under control. I know I'm not the only one because I see it everywhere.

  Is there are remedy for it? I don't know but I think the sooner you admit that there are some things in the is world that you can't predict, Can't control, can't make do what you want....the less frustration you will have.

 Best advice I can give for myself and everyone else....If something frustrates you and you feel yourself getting frustrated. Try to stop a minute and really think.."Can I really do anything about this?" If not then is it really worth getting upset over it?

No comments:

Post a Comment