Translate

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Since when did inline skates dictate your sexual preference?

I've been riding on inline skates since I was about 11 years old. I love it! It took me several years to get as good as I am on them and I absolutely love riding on them. And I can tell you I don't do it for exercise. If I had known about Aggressive Inline when I was in High School I would have been ALL over it. Next to driving with the windows down on the expressway going 65MPH, it is the best way I know to get a nice adrenaline rush. Especially at the speeds I'm capable of. Now when I say I can get high speeds I'm not just talking under my own power. I'm talking about finding a very VERY steep hill and just tucking my legs under me and flying. You think downhill skiing is a rush? You haven't tried inline skating on a steep hill traveling over 30 MPH and the only thing between you and a nasty fall on concrete is your legs and luck.

  Now that I have gone to great lengths to inform you on my love of inline skating...can someone tell me why that makes me a faggot?

Seriously, I don't understand where the hatred and disgust comes from when I roll down the street and I have grown men in SUV's (in upper class neighborhoods) stopping in front of a park full of kids and in his loudest voice calling out, "NICE SKATES FAGGOT!"

  Can someone please explain it to me? I don't see where it comes from. I'm not yelling at people or making rude comments at people or knocking people off the street or trying to force my views on others. I'm simply enjoying a ride and I even go out of my way to avoid people so they don't think I'm hogging the road/sidewalk. I'm not even dressed inappropriately. I'm wearing a plain t-shirt, cargo shorts and a helmet. How is that offensive??

I'm not asking for much am I? A simple explanation to why people hate inline skaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment