Translate

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Device idea, posting to Logitech.


As many of you know, Sony recently came out with their Live View device. This device allows you a bluetooth remote of your smartphone while on the go. I like the idea of this but as of right now, Sony's Live View doesn't have compatiblity with all Android devices.  Granted most people when using a smartphone while on the go can just get earphones/earplugs that have remotes built into them. But this is a device that works in addition to a pair of earplugs allowing you to see notifications that come to your phone as well as screen phone calls and text messages.
 Now I personally love Logitech and their products. So when I saw Sony doing this, I instantly thought about how Logitech already has a vast market in the remote controls for devices.  Well using the same tech that the Harmony link uses, why not just reverse the tech and shrink it down to something that could fit on your wrist or snap onto your jacket or shoulderbag/backpack? Granted it would take some time to develop it, but really most of the work has already been done.

This could also be adaptable to work with all the headpones/earplugs that currently exist in Logitechs line up. You could even make a screen attachment for your headphones so you can not only control your volume and track movements but also see notifications,texts, and calls coming in.
  Now what market would this sell too? Well anyone who enjoys going outside and exercising or doing any kind of recreational activity but doesnly want to have to stop, pull out their smartphone and work on it. You want to be able to do this on the go, quickly so your not distracted.  I personally love to ski, but if I want to listen to music while going down the hill I don't want to have to stop to pull out my smartphone to change the track. I want a device that i can do it with a touch of a button or a tap on the screen. If i'm on my way to work, riding on the train and I have to hold one with one hand and try to adjust stuff on my smart phone.
 I think this is worth investigating and working on. Especially in a market where connecting devices for easy use on the go is worth doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment